IT'S SIMPLE: YOU NEVER HAVE TO PAY FOR SOMETHING YOU DON'T LIKE.
It's the reason why we have really, really loyal customers.*
If you call me a month down the road and say, "Steve, these boots (or gloves or all the new cool stuff coming out) just aren't for me." I'll say:
"Hey brother-man, don't sweat it! Thanks for giving us a shot. Go here: Size Exchanges & Returns and get yourself a full refund."
*And because our gear 1. Actually protects you, 2. Looks good and, 3. Actual customer service.
DON'T OTHER BRANDS HAVE 30-RETURN POLICIES TOO?
They sure do. Those brands also probably require your return to be unused, untouched, unopened in its original packaging, with your original order number, and your mother's maiden name.
SO HOW ARE YOU DIFFERENT?
I think that's stupid. How do you know if the MOTORCYCLE boots you just bought will work for your MOTORCYCLE. Or even just walking around.
That said, if you KNOW you don't like them, yes, I'd prefer you nicely repack them and return them. If you like them, but aren't sure how they'll fit/work, I'd say you should know within about 30 days.
WHAT ABOUT AFTER 30-DAYS?
If it's manufacturing defect, I'll exchange them up to about a year, depending on what I see. If you burned your boots on your pipes two weeks into your purchase, you're an idiot. And no, I'm not sending you a new free pair (that actually happened).
On the flip side, if you call me in a year and say you'd like your money back, I'll refund your money, and we can still be friends. That's the "Guarantee" part.
If you turn around and order the latest version of our boot, I'll cancel your order and add you to the "The Naughty List". And I might apply "The Official Indie Ridge Return Policy."
WAIT, SO THERE IS AN "OFFICIAL" RETURN POLICY?
Oh, you betcha: It's called The "Road House" Return Policy. And it's...not as lenient.
I can't offer the most generous "Unofficial" Return Policy in the industry, without warning you about our "Official Indie Ridge Return Policy".
OKAY, NOW I'M A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT BEING PUT ON "THE NAUGHTY LIST".
I wouldn't be. Just remember,
1. Be nice.
2. Don't try to game the system.
3. If you have any questions, reach out to us! If I see an email thread or talk to you on the phone, I'll have a much better idea of what the deal is.
That's The Live Free Guarantee.
1. I'll always refund a purchase. But there are strings attached.
2. If you KNOW you don't like your purchase, I'd appreciate you returning them without wearing them too much and re-pack them nicely.
And we'll be friends.
3. If you're on fence, you can ride/use our gear for around a month. If they're just not for you, I'll refund your purchase.
And we'll still be friends.
4. After 30 days, you like the gear, but have a manufacturing defect, you're covered for a replacement for about a year — possibly longer if you're nice.
And we'll still be friends.
5. If you return them after 30 days, but before a year and there was no manufacturing defect, I'll still refund your purchase, but I'd like to know why.
And we'll still be friends. Probably.
6. If I refund your purchase and you then you go buy the latest version.
We'll still be friends, I'll just cancel your order and ban you for life.
Owner | Indie Ridge